Several reasons why discrepancy may occur are error during data entry when financial institutions submit data to SID, technical errors and etc. Disputes are then raised to resolve the discrepancies. Disputes may be raised against inaccurate personal information, inaccurate credit profile history or inaccurate public information. KBIJ will assist if there are discrepancies in your credit report by passing it onto the respective member and then to the authority.
How does the dispute resolution process works?
- Visit KBIJ office during normal operational hours with a valid identification documents for verification purposes.
- Obtain a dispute handling form
- Complete the dispute handling form and supply a copy of your credit report with the incorrect information highlighted. Additional documents to support your claim should also be supplied to expedite the process.
- KBIJ will then conduct an investigation and forward the dispute/s to relevant institutions and the authority for further necessary actions.
- KBIJ will inform you on the resolution of your dispute within the next 20 working days the latest.
For further information on KBIJ’s dispute resolution process, you may contact us at 0215747435-37 or at email@example.com .